Our topic for this term is 'The Victorians'.
We have been doing lots of cross-curricular work, writing biographies, newspaper articles, diaries, play scripts, interviews and much much more!
Here are a few of the diary entries which show what it was like to be a poor Victorian child during Queen Victoria's reign.
Reading should not be about moving up levels or passing a test, it should be about the adventure we go on with our characters, as well as developing our imagination!
Over the past few weeks we have been bringing in our own reading materials from home, and spending time on a Friday discussing what we have read. Sharing books is also important, and I love hearing about what you enjoy reading. Below I want you to tell me about a book that you have really enjoyed. Use the following bullet points to help you:
1. Title of book
3. A brief description of what happens in the story (don't give too much away)
3. The part that you most enjoyed and why
4. The part that you didn't enjoy as much
5. Who would you recommend this book to?
6. Are there any other books by the same author that you have enjoyed too?
I'm looking forward to reading your book reviews!